- Flash Photography - News reports announce that the following story contains flash photography. I wait and watch - all the photography I see looks to be pretty standard. I son't see any clever techniques or methods being used
- Everyone has a book inside them - Really? Does that mean people go round eating books. And does that mak a library an All You Can Eat Buffet?
- Humble Beginnings - Many actors, musicians, artists or authors state that they came from Humble Beginnings. Where is this village?
- Pepsi vs Coke - How can you compete against a company whose advertising slogan is 'The Real Thing'
- Thorpe Park - How much more British can you get. A visit to Thorpe Park (or any Theme Park) involves an awful lot of queuing. In general, you will queue for anywhere between 30 minutes and an hour for 90 seconds of "adrenaline fueled thrills". You then unhook yourself from the seat and go and stand in another queue. For me, the best thing about Thorpe Park is the doughnuts
- No such thing as a Free Lunch - Yes there is, I've seen the sign. It says 'Buy One Get One Free'
- Windsor Davies Group - The world would be a very different place if the welsh actor had been the eponymous member of this 1960s R&B Band.
Biggest Hits: Keep On Running (Lovely Boy) & Gimme Some Lovin' (Shoulders Back, Show 'em off)
Saturday, 6 August 2011
The following phrases can lead to some misunderstanding/confusion: