Friday 30 December 2022

Song Of The Year: Legends Of Tomorrow - All We Need Is Love

 Is it possible to condense the contents of all the new music released in a year down to just one song?

Probably not, but I've condensed my album choices to a Top 17 which equates to about 200 or so songs.
So let's push that a bit further and select just one, with the additional rule that the chosen song is NOT on one of the selected Toppoermost of my Poppermost
(I'm not making this easy for me am I?)

And the winner is ...

The Legends Of Tomorrow - "All We Need Is Love"
(presented here in it's full 8 and a half minute version, with a prog-tastic breakdown and coda).
The riff is immediately comfortable, and the lyrics are a glorious "spot the reference exercise" of music history.  But the underlying message is an admirable one that. I'm sure, we all hope is observed in these uncertain times 



So who are The Legends Of Tomorrow?

They are a 'studio band' project that features numerous musicians and artists from Northern Ireland ... and a couple from Dublin. The parent album - 'Days Full Of Rain' was recorded almost entirely between September 2021 and May 2022, and is available from bandcamp in download form, and also as a limited edition physical CD.

bandcamp link

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year, RD, and thanks for featuring The Legends Of Tomorrow. I've never heard of them before and what a song to introduce them with. I'm following the link to find out more.

    Best wishes for 2023 and thanks for your excellent posts. I'm a regular visitor/reader and will aim to comment more this year...!

    ReplyDelete