Saturday 6 August 2011

Musical Connections

I awoke this morning with Uriah Heep's 'Gypsy' stuck in my head.  As is usual when songs are embedded in the brain when I wake up, the first thing I do (after breakfast of coffee & a cigarette) is to play the CD containing the tune (in this case 'The Very Best Of Uriah Heep').

It was at this point I developed my objective for the days musical back-drop.

All songs listened to MUST be related to the previous, but cannot be by the same band/singer.

Today's musical journey was:

  • Uriah Heep - Gypsy (Heeps drummer was Lee Kerslake, leading to:)
  • Ozzy Osbourne - I Don't Know (Guitarist on Blizzard Of Ozz was Randy Rhoads, leading to:)
  • Quiet Riot - Metal Health (who covered 'Cum On Feel The Noize', leading to:)
  • Slade - We'll Bring The House Down (who had 3 singles enter the chart at number 1, leading to:)
  • Jam - Man In The Cornershop (Bass Player Bruce Foxton later joined Stiff Little Fingers, leading to:)
  • Stiff Little Fingers - Guitar & Drum (The SLF album 'Flags & Emblems' includes the track 'Its A Long Way To Paradise From Here' which has a harmonica track played by Lee Brilleaux, leading to:)
  • Dr Feelgood - Roxette
At this point, I stopped creating tenuous connections and just stayed listening to Dr Feelgood - which is a worthwhile way to spend any Saturday afternoon

More fun with Musical Connections: Six Degrees of Black Sabbath

No comments:

Post a Comment