Tuesday 24 April 2012

Sometimes I Know What I'm Talking About

Whilst idly flicking through my vinyl collection looking for something to play, I stumbled upon The Quireboys first album ("A Bit Of What You Fancy").  This was released in 1990, around the same time many of my acquaintances had been playing the first Stone Roses album for what seemed like ever.

"I don't get it", said I, "will anyone still be listening to that in 20 years time?"

I put forward a considered and well argued case for the expected longevity of The Quireboys and The Dogs D'Amour, versus the likely disappearance of The Stone Roses (I think the argument was declared a draw).

And now, 20 years on I eagerly await the 20th Anniversary Edition of The Dogs D'Amour album "In The Dynamite Jet Saloon".

In a way, I was correct - The Stone Roses did disappear for 5 years, returning in 1994 with "Second Coming" (which of the two Stone Rose albums, I much prefer).

Were the Quireboys & The Dogs the future?
Probably not, but they still get regularly listened to round these parts



Dogs D'Amour - Sometimes

Quireboys - Mayfair

No comments:

Post a Comment